info@afternoonnews.in +91 98940 - 95096

Today Date : Wednesday, May 22, 2024

10 month baby that injested sharp metalic component saved at  Savitha Medical College Hospital

10 month baby that injested sharp metalic component saved at Savitha Medical College Hospital

A 10-month-old baby that accidentally ingested the sharp metallic part of a cigarette lighter on August 3, 2022 in his residence was saved by timely intervention at Saveetha Medical Collee and Hospital, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Thandalam.

The child was received at   the Hospital emergency department by 3.15 pm. X-Ray was done to confirm foreign body’s location and to rule out further displacement and considering the risk of aspiration of blood and foreign body. 

After fhe child was planned for an emergency foreign body removal under general anaesthesia by the Department of ENT. With advanced endoscopic technique foreign body was found deeply stuck in Nasopharynx and was removed successfully and the baby was handed over safely to the parents.