+91 98940 - 95096

Today Date : Friday, May 24, 2024

CM  Consoles bereaved Priya family

CM Consoles bereaved Priya family

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin on Thursday visited the family members of footballer R Priya who died after government hospital doctors botched up her leg surgery, at Vyasarpadi in the city and expressed his condolences. He paid floral tributes to her portrait at her house.

The Chief Minister handed over a cheque worth Rs 10 lakh as solatium to the family and assured her parents of all support. He also handed over an appointment order to work as a data entry operation and an allotment order for a flat at Tamil Nadu urban housing habitat board at Gowthamapuram.

VIP Visiter

Health minister Ma Subramanian, HR and CE minister Sekarbabu, Chennai mayor R Priya, Thiru Vi Ka Nagar MLA Thayagam Kavi and senior officials were present during the event. Priya, who was studying first year of physical education at Queen Mary’s college, consulted doctors at Periyar Nagar government peripheral hospital for her leg pain. 

Following a test, the doctors told her that a ligament was found to be torn on her knee, and that it would have to be patched up through a surgery. When she met doctors of RGGGH for a second opinion, the same recommendation was made.

The girl had undergone arthroscopy surgery at Periyar Nagar government peripheral hospital to repair the ligament on her right knee on November 7. The next day, she was shifted to RGGGH as she was suspected to have a blood clot.

Following a series of tests and treatments, doctors announced that the tissues on her right leg were dead, and the only way to save her life was to amputee her right leg.On November 9, she had undergone the amputation surgery and then on November 14, she had undergone another surgery to remove more dead tissues. 

Since then, she was on life support in the intensive care unit as she was unconscious. She was constantly monitored by the doctors. But she died on Tuesday morning around 7:15. Earlier, the health minister said, two doctors at the Periyar Nagar hospital were transferred after negligence on their part were found by an inquiry committee ordered by the state government and legal action would be taken against them