info@afternoonnews.in +91 98940 - 95096

Today Date : Sunday, May 19, 2024

Fire at  bike sales  showroom

Fire at bike sales showroom

Several lakhs worth of goods were damaged in a fire that broke out at a two-wheeler sales outlet in Karur district on Friday night. There is a private two-wheeler sales showroom at Thirukambuliyur on the Karur- Coimbatore road.

 There is also a two-wheeler spare parts shop and a service station. In this condition, the showroom caught fire unexpectedly last night. Following this, the firefighters who came in 3 vehicles from the Karur fire station were engaged in controlling the spread of the fire.

 Constructions near the building were demolished using Bokline as firefighters had difficulty in approaching the spot as the blaze raged. 

The fire was extinguished after about 4 hours of effort. Two-wheelers, repaired vehicles and spare parts worth lakhs of rupees were burnt and damaged in the shop. It is said that the fire may have been caused by an electrical glitch.